Launceston Winter Festival
- All the family
- Under 5s
- School age
Venue:Indoor & Outdoor
Eat, drink and be merry at the first Launceston Winter Festival!
We're in for a night of live music, locally produced beverages, shopping, and food from around the world right in the middle of Launceston!
There'll be pop-up bars in the Town Square provided by local distillers English Spirit, who’ll be bringing along their fine selection of gins, and Ales & Tails will be brimmed with ciders, mulled wine and a full bar of alcoholic and non-alcoholic concoctions to purchase. Beer will also be supplied by local favourites Firebrand Brewing Co.
THE COUNTRYMEN will be headlining the evening as well as BENJI MATTHEWS of X factor fame and other local musicians who will be in the Square from 4pm.The day starts at 10am when the Friday Market will be open in the Pannier Market Carpark on Race Hill featuring gifts, food, drink, and festive delights. It runs until 7pm where we'll also be treated to open mic where musicians can strike up and add a little festive spirit while you browse.
Launceston's medieval streets will be alive into the evening with boutique stores opening for Late Night Shopping until at least 7pm to grab some unique Christmas gifts. Keep an eye out for the Mirror Men who'll also be glistening in the streets and available for photo opportunities!
Food stalls such as tapas and vegan will also be available in the square from 4pm.
The day's events confirmed so far are:
TOWN SQUARE (4pm - 10pm)
- Pop-up beer tent
- Fully stocked bar
- Live music from The Countrymen, Benji Matthews, Morley Entertainment, Pop Choir and Mc2 featuring everything from rock, pop and folk.
- Food Stalls
PANNIER MARKET CARPARK (10am - 7pm)
- Friday Market featuring gifts, crafts, festive, food and drink
- Open mic - if you'd like to come along and play, feel free! (this is open to all acoustic musicians as there is no PA system due to no power supply)
TOWN CENTRE (4pm - 7pm)
- Late Night Shopping: shops and eateries will be open late until at least 7pm
- Mirror Men
- 50/50 Lottery draw, 1 lucky winner wins 50% of lottery money raised