The Vale of Avalon
CamelfordPlaces to Visit
- All the family
- School age
Venue:Indoor & Outdoor
The Vale of Avalon is now closed for the winter. It will re-open in 2022.
Here at the Vale of Avalon there's something for all the family from den building, to seeing Arthur's stone as well as playing in our wooden fort, children will be kept amused.
For those looking for a more sedate pace we have our peaceful Muse Garden and a 500m walk through our fields, orchard and riverside trail passing our the newly uncovered Lady Falmouth's Secret Garden.
What you can see & do:
- See the Camlann Battlefield
- View the 6th century inscribed 'Ogham' Stone (also known as King Arthur's Grave)
- Understand the history in our Indoor Exhibition
- Smell the flowers in Lady Falmouth's Secret Garden ( 18th century)
- Sit in our 'Muse Garden'
- Visit our newly planted orchard
- View the Remains of a 13th century longhouse
- See wildlife in its natural habitat
- Walk the 500m route through woodland alongside the river
- Build dens from trees and branches
- View our newly planted flower beds
- Have fun in our children's play area
- Have homemade tea & cake in our tearoom
- Find a trinket in our gift shop
Access: - The main Centre/ tea room is level and there is a wheelchair accessible toilet. Not all areas are accessible to wheelchairs and the less able.
Parking: - car park available
Toilets: - available on site
Food: - drinks and cakes sold in the tearoom
Dogs: - well behaved dogs are welcome